Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Can anyone beat Alistair Maclean?

… I think not. He was simply the master of thriller storywriting. Its been a long time since my schooldays when I read one of his; I picked up one of his by chance - "Circus" - and re-read it; and it still remains unputdownable. The thrill of not knowing what comes next, the sudden twists and turns, the sense of adventure that kept me turning one page after another and an unforgettable ending - I've read lots and lots of novels since I supposedly "graduated" from his series, but an Alistair Maclean beats everything I've ever read hands-down.

.. now coming to think of it.. i also read a wodehouse - now a wodehouse and a maclean is a wonderful combination for a night :P

... and its raining cats and dogs in mumbai - dark as night at 4pm.

2 comments:

Vikram said...

That's a weird coincidence! I just bought Circus two days back too!

hmm

Όstalgia said...

have u read fear is the key!.. its my favourite Maclean book... no one writes quite like him