Thursday, September 30, 2021

Running September

Two highlights. 

I ran my first half marathon this month. Just like a lot of other things in life, it seemed initially unsurmountable, but with practice, help from a running club and a schedule of weekly runs, became something I was able to ultimately do, even with a bit of a huff and a puff. It was an awesome experience on the run day, with people around the borough coming out of the houses to encourage us runners and a complete carnival atmosphere. I finished the run in 2 hours and 5 mins, which experienced peers believe is a good start.

Second, my folks came down with Covid. Despite being double vaccinated, my dad tested positive and came down with a fever. It threw us into a bit of a panic as we tried to figure out help remotely. Ultimately, it was a mild infection and within a few days both (including my mom, who never tested positive, but showed symptoms) recovered. It was a scary experience while it lasted, but we are grateful that it passed without major issues.


No comments: