Tuesday, June 08, 2021

Mayday, Rainy Mayday.

For a month that was supposed to herald the beginning of spring, it was anything but. It drizzled, it rained, it poured, it hailed. The sun played hide and seek behind perpetual clouds.

Yet May had some fun moments. 

M learnt to cycle. I learnt how to run longer distances. We went on long walks. 

Work wise it was hectic. Quite a lot of interesting and good work

I read a couple of good books. One was the Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson. A small one, particularly by Brandon's standards. But a well written one that kept me engrossed. I have begun to love his books (particularly the Stormlight series, that is rather epic). 

Read/ listened to another on Audible - Steven Johnson's 'Where Good Ideas come from'. By far one of the best books on innovation I have consumed. I love it's vast foray into the history of innovation, and how he weaves common threads around adjacency and serendipity to highlight how one truly innovates. Something for repeated reading. 

No comments: