Friday, August 12, 2005

A meet at the airport

This post is for iiitians... Well, I was stuck at Mumbai airport at the beginning of this month (when it had rained like hell here), on my way home. An AirIndia flight had skidded off the runway while I was waiting for takeoff of my flight and it was raining pretty badly with the result that we had to stay back at the airport for 4 hours. I met Prof. Kamal - he had just landed in from Amsterdam, back from a paper presentation. Said he'd been to Japan and quite a few of other places and said he seemed to be meeting iiit guys at every airport. Seems to have grown a lot more white-haired from what I remembered of him back at iiit. I've never seen a professor as excited with a subject as he was while he taught us data mining.

Have a nice long weekend ppl :D

2 comments:

Ray Lightning said...

I also suffered due to the same incidant. I was waiting in the Hyderabad airport for this flight to Singapore. (And then over to LA to attend siggraph) Now this flight is supposed to come from Mumbai and it didnt arrive for 16 frikking hours !! Air India guys are bastards. I missed almost the entire first day of Siggraph becoz of this.

Do you think I can sue them for keeping me waiting for so long ?

Vasant said...

arey vakiba,
poor fellows man.. You should have just seen how harried these guys were during that time...